Earn an hour of service every time you attend either an Olmos Park City Council meeting (3rd Wednesday of each month @ 6pm), or Olmos Park Economic Development Corporation Foundation meeting (2nd Tuesday of each month @ 6pm). Earn an EXTRA HOUR for every adult, sibling or friend that attend with you. (You cannot count those already attending the meeting).
Meetings usually last less than an hour. You may leave at 7pm or when the meeting is adjourned prior to that time.
CLICK HERE to connect with Olmos Park City Hall
CLICK HERE to learn about Olmos Park City Council: Elected members, duties, role of mayor, how citizens may be heard if they have issues to share, get meeting agenda, or minutes (what was discussed/decided) from the last meetings, etc.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Olmos Park Economic Development Corporation Foundation: Listing of board members, the foundation’s mission. CLICK HERE to get meeting agenda or minutes (what was discussed/decided) from the last meetings, etc.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Familiarize yourself with how your elected city leaders maintain our community, deal with challenges and consider or implement improvements
- Hear about current issues/events affecting Olmos Park
- Hear questions or considerations elected members are reviewing and discussing; how they interact with presenters/speakers, city manager and city secretary.
- Watch how a meeting is run, how voting is conducted, how decisions are made, etc.
- Earn a service hour or more!
HOW TO EARN YOUR SERVICE HOUR(s):
- OPYC members ages 14 and older may attend without a parent.
- Earn an extra hour for every adult, sibling or friend you bring with you. (NOTE: Attending with other OPYC members does not count as they will be granted their own service hour.)
- IMPORTANT: Arrive at city hall 5 minutes or more before meeting starts. Meeting room is located inside the left doorway after entering city hall. Meetings ALWAYS start promptly.
- All attendees in your group must sign in on the white lined paper just outside the meeting room and pick up a printed agenda from the table. The city secretary maintains list of attendees. We will confirm attendees with her notes. You and anyone you have brought with you must be signed in to garner your service hour(s). Up to 6 service hours can be earned per meeting.
- You cannot sign in and leave.
- Please wear your OPYC shirt. (It is not required but it is meaningful, if you can).
- Text 210-602-2573 that you attended a meeting and provide the name of the meeting attended (City Council or Economic Development Corporation Foundation). You may be asked a question about the meeting.